Responsibility for developing program parts plans as well as review of part qualifications and bills of material, also responsible for identifying, qualifying, documenting and releasing components. Must drive the component selection process and perform work in a consultative manner as the subject matter expert.
Will closely associate with electronic and product development and quality to support the development and sustainment of all components.
Perform compliance Engineering process, life cycle management, component selection and qualification; obsolescence analysis and manufacturing support on legacy and newly developed products. Evaluate, analyse and understand component engineering problems, then select components that resolve the problem. Assure the availability of components required to manufacture current products and interact with purchasing and/or supply chain to recognize/avoid potential procurement issues.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Responsible for component BOM analysis.
- Identifying and approving alternate part replacements for obsolescence and lead time issues.
- Knowledge in Electronic Components / Cost Analysis/ Electronic Component Datasheet study for Form Fit Function comparison.
- Apply problem-solving skills to define issues, identify root causes, qualify and implement corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Must Know preparation of document, and communicate project status as required both verbally and in written form.
- Responsible for selection, quality and reliability of parts.
- Support design engineers, commodity specialists in electrical and electronic components.
- Comprehensive knowledge of compliance regulations for wireless products, electronics, automotive.
- Preferred knowledge of RoHS, REACH, Prop65,PFAS, POP and Conflict Minerals validations for electronic component compliance.
- Knowledge of ECHA SCIP database compliance.
- Maintain regulatory compliance in environmental and hazardous waste management Preferred knowledge of relevant national and international standards and processes for compliance as applicable to Electrical and Electronic compliance systems, Responsible for signing the EU Declaration of Conformity.
- Understanding of Arena Product Data Management Tools & ECR (Engineering Change Request) Processes.
- Obsolescence management best practices.
- Good knowledge on electronic components and component selection.
- Electronic Component characterization and validation.
- Engineering change management.
- Problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong customer focus and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Need to be self-motivated and team player
- Computer competency in Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and databases
- Strong communication skills, including ability to speak and write convincingly.
Freshers who wish to start their career in Analytics and professionals who wish to up skill or change their domain to analytics and emerging technologies are free to apply for the above positions as a contract employee.