This position requires the ability to work efficiently under minimal supervision, exercising initiative and independent judgment in the performance of assigned tasks and assisting in the mechanical and design cycle of product development.
This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager and will also work in cooperation with the sales and marketing managers, as needed.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Assist in the design, development, and evaluation of new and existing products.
- Use Solidworks/Creo 3D software to design, evaluate, and archive product documentation.
- Review design specifications and requirements under direction, develop designs to best support them including cost as a key design variable.
- Assist in the evaluation and troubleshooting of products.
- Develop bill of materials, costing analysis, as needed.
- Work with domestic and international teams to develop and support products.
- Update engineering manager with regular reporting of progress and status.
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems, and services.
- Bachelors in mechanical engineering with 3+ years of experience.
- Extensive experience with Solidworks 3D/ Creo/ Inventor/Autocad.
- Hands on experience in Sheetmetal and GD&T.
- Experience with mechanical design using metals, plastics, glass, and rubber.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Works independently and with minimal supervision.
- Experience from Design engineering firms, preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.